The Great Pyramid a true masterpiece and has rightly earned the title of a “Wonder”. It was built with such precision that our current technology cannot replicate it. There are so many interesting facts about this Pyramid that it baffles archaeologists, scientists, astronomers and tourists.
Here are the facts:
01. The pyramid is estimated to have around 2,300,000 stone blocks that weigh from 2 to 30 tons each and there are even some blocks that weigh over 50 tons.
02. The Pyramid of Menkaure, the Pyramid of Khafre and the Great Pyramid of Khufu are precisely aligned with the Constellation of Orion.
03. The base of the pyramid covers 55,000 m2 (592,000 ft 2) with each side greater than 20,000 m2 (218,000 ft2) in area.
04. The interior temperature is constant and equals the average temperature of the earth, 20 Degrees Celsius (68 Degrees Fahrenheit).
05. The outer mantle was composed of 144,000 casing stones, all of them highly polished and flat to an accuracy of 1/100th of an inch, about 100 inches thick and weighing approx. 15 tons each.
06. The cornerstone foundations of the pyramid have ball and socket construction capable of dealing with heat expansion and earthquakes.
07. The mortar used is of an unknown origin (Yes, no explanation given). It has been analyzed and its chemical composition is known but it can’t be reproduced. It is stronger than the stone and still holding up today.
08. It was originally covered with casing stones (made of highly polished limestone). These casing stones reflected the sun’s light and made the pyramid shine like a jewel. They are no longer present being used by Arabs to build mosques after an earthquake in the 14th century loosened many of them.
It has been calculated that the original pyramid with its casing stones would act like gigantic mirrors and reflect light so powerful that it would be visible from the moon as a shining star on earth. Appropriately, the ancient Egyptians called the Great Pyramid “Ikhet”, meaning the “Glorious Light”.
How these blocks were transported and assembled into the pyramid is still a mystery. – http://www.gizapyramid.com/general.htm
09. Aligned True North: The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. The position of the North Pole moves over time and the pyramid was exactly aligned at one time.
10. Center of Land Mass: The Great Pyramid is located at the center of the land mass of the earth. The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the earth, one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid.
11. The four faces of the pyramid are slightly concave, the only pyramid to have been built this way.
12. The centers of the four sides are indented with an extraordinary degree of precision forming the only 8 sided pyramid, this effect is not visible from the ground or from a distance but only from the air, and then only under the proper lighting conditions.
This phenomenon is only detectable from the air at dawn and sunset on the spring and autumn equinoxes, when the sun casts shadows on the pyramid.
13. The granite coffer in the “King’s Chamber” is too big to fit through the passages and so it must have been put in place during construction.
14. The coffer was made out of a block of solid granite. This would have required bronze saws 8-9 ft. long set with teeth of sapphires. Hollowing out of the interior would require tubular drills of the same material applied with a tremendous vertical force.
15. Microscopic analysis of the coffer reveals that it was made with a fixed point drill that used hard jewel bits and a drilling force of 2 tons.
Related: The Real Builders of the Pyramids
16. The Great Pyramid had a swivel door entrance at one time. Swivel doors were found in only two other pyramids: Khufu’s father and grandfather, Sneferu and Huni, respectively.
17. It is reported that when the pyramid was first broken into that the swivel door, weighing some 20 tons, was so well balanced that it could be opened by pushing out from the inside with only minimal force, but when closed, was so perfect a fit that it could scarcely be detected and there was not enough crack or crevice around the edges to gain a grasp from the outside.
18. With the mantle in place, the Great Pyramid could be seen from the mountains in Israel and probably the moon as well.
19. The weight of the pyramid is estimated at 5,955,000 tons. Multiplied by 10^8 gives a reasonable estimate of the earth’s mass.
20. The Descending Passage pointed to the pole star Alpha Draconis, circa 2170-2144 BCE. This was the North Star at that point in time. No other star has aligned with the passage since then.
21. The southern shaft in the King’s Chamber pointed to the star Al Nitak (Zeta Orionis) in the constellation Orion, circa 2450 BCE The Orion constellation was associated with the Egyptian god Osiris. No other star aligned with this shaft during that time in history.
22. Sun’s Radius: Twice the perimeter of the bottom of the granite coffer times 10^8 is the sun’s mean radius. [270.45378502 Pyramid Inches* 10^8 = 427,316 miles]
23. The curvature designed into the faces of the pyramid exactly matches the radius of the earth.
24. Khufu’s pyramid, known as the great pyramid of Giza, is the oldest and largest, rising at 481 feet (146 meters). Archaeologists say it was the tallest structure in the world for about 3, 800 years.
25. The relationship between Pi (p) and Phi (F) is expressed in the fundamental proportions of the Great Pyramid.
- The Great Pyramid: A Miracle in Stone, 1973, Joseph A. Seiss
- Secrets of the Great Pyramid, 1978, Peter Tompkins
- Back in Time 3104 B.C. to the Great Pyramid, 1990, S. G. Taseos
- The Authorship and Message of the Great Pyramid, 1953, Julian T. Gray, E. Steinmann & Co.
- Our Inheritance in the Great Pyramid, 1891, C. Piazzi Smyth
The Truth About the Egyptian Pyramids
Reposted from: Humans Are Free | by Alexander Light
A. The conference and the statement
The head of Cairo’s University (Archaeology Department), Prof. Dr. Alaa Shahein has allegedly stated in a conference on ancient Egyptian science, that there might be truth in the theory that aliens helped the ancient Egyptians to build the Pyramids of Giza.
Being further questioned by Mr. Marek Novak, a delegate from Poland, as to whether the pyramid might still contain alien technology or even an UFO within its structure, Dr. Shaheen was vague and replied: “I can not confirm or deny this, but there is something inside the pyramid that is not of this world.”
Prof. Dr. Alaa El Din Abdel Mohsen Shaheen (Shahein).
Cairo University, Egypt
[C.V.] EDUCATION 1974 BA, Department Egyptology, Faculty of Arts,
Cairo University, Egypt
1981 MA, Department of Egyptology, Faculty of Archeology,
Cairo University, Egypt
The title of MA: Peninsula of Sinai: A Historical and Archaeological
Study to the End of the Middle Kingdom.
1987 MA, Oriental Studies Department, Faculty of Arts,
University of Pennsylvania, U.S.A
Minor: Syrio- Palestinian Archaeology
1988 Ph.D. Oriental Studies Department, Faculty of Arts,
University of Pennsylvania, U.S.A
Minor: Syrio- Palestinian Archaeology
The Title of Ph. D : Historical Significance of Selected Scenes involving
Western Asiatics and Nubians in the Private Theban Tombs of the XVIIIth Dinasty.
B. Facts about The Great Pyramid:
1. The Great Pyramids is constructed out of 2,500,000 solid blocks, perfectly aligned!
2. The blocks weigh between 2,5 – 10 tons each. Enough stone for the construction of 25 Empire State Buildings.
3. Initially, the Great Pyramid was covered in limestone. According to Marc Antonius it was visible from 160 km and was shining like a precious jewel.
4. 150,000 stone blocks (10 tons each) were removed in the XIV Century for the construction of the city of Cairo.
Everything begun with a letter received from Allen Pitsburg who wrote that his grand-grand father witnessed the fraud. Because he objected to this counterfeiting, he was fired from the team and expelled from Giza (Gizeh). After examining the writing, Sitchin discovered that it is indeed a fraud, especially because the counterfeiters MISSPELLED the Pharaoh’s name. Instead of Khufu they wrote Rhufu, which for the Egyptians would have been worse than taking the Lord’s name in vain, in a Christian Church. Sitchin concluded: “THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED IN THE ANCIENT EGYPT”.
6. Khufu’s alleged sarcophagus is almost half his size and carved directly into stone. Not only that the pharaoh could not fit it, but it was also not suited for a royalty. The so called Queen’s Mortuary Chamber is sealed by huge stone blocks and doesn’t even contain a sarcophagus. The cover up is even more obvious because the official story claims that the Queen was to be cremated after her death. This never happened in the entire Egyptian history because in order for a royalty to become a God, the mummification process was mandatory!
7. NO MUMMIES were found in ANY of the Great Pyramids of Giza. What we learn today as facts can’t even stand as substantial theories!
C. Evidence: The great pyramids had NOT been built by the Egyptians:
1. Nobody knows what the word “pyramid” really means and no roots for this word were ever found anywhere on Earth.
2. None of the historians’ statements regarding the pyramids had been proven.
3. They say that the pyramids were built as tombs for the mummified pharaohs, but NOT A SINGLE mummy was ever found inside the Great Pyramids.
4. The Egyptians had no knowledge of modern geology and without this knowledge it is IMPOSSIBLE for such a construction not to crumble or sink. In the MODERN construction industry, the engineers consider acceptable a sinking rate of 15 cm in 100 years. In 5,000 years (according to the official version, though there is evidence that the great pyramids may be 10,000 years old), the Great Pyramid, weighing 6,350,000 tons (14 billion pounds) sunk ONLY 1,5 cm!
5. In MODERN constructions, it’s an extraordinary achievement to keep each side of the building at a deviation of 15 cm (6 inches). But the great Pyramid has a deviation of ONLY 0,75 cm (0,25 inches). This is IMPOSSIBLE to replicate today with our entire modern technology.
6. The stone blocks are placed with a tolerance of 1,000- 2,000 of an inch, so precisely that a razor blade doesn’t fit between them.
7. The mathematicians say: during the construction of the pyramids, the Egyptians should have used several very advanced concepts and formulas, which have allegedly been discovered only THOUSANDS of years later.
8. The geographical orientation of the great pyramid is probably the most amazing characteristic. Its sides are almost perfectly placed from N-S and E-W, being almost perfectly oriented on Earth’s TRUE NORTH*. How was a civilization from the quasi stone age capable of determining the true North?
*The true north is calculated on a map, by using the longitudinal lines, and it’s different than the Magnetic North indicated by compass. The true north is located in the arctic regions of Canada and continuously changes its location depending on Earth’s magnetic field.
9. The construction of the Great Pyramid shows extraordinary astronomy knowledge. The constructors could measure the day, the year and could precisely determine the Equinox. They knew that Earth is a sphere and knew how to accurately calculate its longitude and latitude.
10. The studies showed that from the pyramid’s top an energetic vortex is emanated, that extends in diameter, the higher it reaches.
11. The studies also show that the Egyptian Sphinx is at least 5,000 older than the history books say, which means that is at least 10,000 years old (while others say it could be as old as 15,000 years).
12. In 1813, the astronomer Richard Procter discovered from ancient archives that the great pyramids were indeed aligned to the stars. It has been also discovered that the pyramids are highly receptive of radio energetic waves or even cosmic microwaves. Above the so called mortuary chamber inside the Great Pyramid, there are 5 huge granite tiles placed in layers, with spaces between them. The layers end with some kind of V shaped roof, pointing up.
– For the Great Pyramid to be constructed in 20 years, one stone block (weighing 2,5-10 tons each) should have been placed EVERY three and a half minutes, working non stop, 24/24 hours, 7 days a week. It’s an absurd statement because we don’t have this kind of technology today!
14. The pyramids were constructed in the forth Egyptian Dynasty, which wasn’t very aggressive in the first place and didn’t even had a very powerful army. But even if it would have been a great military power, the necessary number of slaves could not have been met on an 8,000 km (5,000 miles) radius.
15. The corrupted historians want us to believe that the slaves lifted the huge stone blocks on ramps constructed around the pyramids, and that the ramps were demolished afterwards.
– Actually, the effort to build this gigantic ramps would have been greater than the construction of the pyramids. The debris from the Great Pyramid alone would have been of nearly 300,000,000 tones. But where are the debris? This enormous quantity can’t be hidden in the desert.
16. These historians also want us to believe that the massive stone blocks were carried to the construction site on massive rolling logs.
– The only available trees in the Ancient Egypt were the Date Palms. But these were the primary food source; it is very improbable that the Egyptians would have cut their main food source for this purpose.
– The log imports are excluded! At least 25,000,000 logs would have been needed, which is way above the entire Egyptian import industry of any kind, in their entire history.
– We should also take into account that the roads were made of stone, which would have made this task IMPOSSIBLE.
– But even if the Egyptians would have tried this, the massive stone blocks would have crushed the logs.
D. The Egyptians were not the architects, nor the constructors of the Pyramids!
1. It was also suggested that the stone blocks were in fact constructed from a superior type of concrete, not carved from stone.
2. The Great Pyramid is considered to be THE MOST IMPORTANT construction in Earth’s history, but there is not a single image, drawing, artifact or inventory list, no registry or depiction to tell of its construction. The Egyptians left us 3,000 years of written and photographic history, covering their entire history, but NOTHING about the pyramids of Giza. WHY?
3. But if the Egyptians are not the constructors of the pyramids, then who is? (Must-read article: The real builders o the pyramids).
In 1976, during Viking’s mission of exploring Mars, NASA received some shocking photographs. The first one shows a humanoid shaped construction which stretches for miles. NASA refused to photograph the area again, and only after much pressure agreed to take one more photograph.
In 1979, Viking sent a second photograph, showing the same structure but from a different angle. In the vicinity of the face, a pyramid (now called DNM Pyramid) appeared. As always, NASA rushed to deny, telling us that what we see it’s an optical illusion.
In time, multiple studies showed that the Giza Pyramids are in fact a replica of those from the Cydonia Complex (and both a replica of the stars). Even our Sphinx is placed in the same position to our pyramids, as the Martian Sphinx is placed to the Cydonia pyramids. Going even further, the studies showed that the placement of the Giza Complex on Earth is on the same coordinates as the Cydonia Complex on Mars.
4. More evidence of the connection between Earth and Mars is the city of Cairo, Egypt’s capital. Cairo is placed right next to the Giza Complex.
RELATED: The Mars-Earth Connection
But what does CAIRO mean? You will we amazed! Cairo is a Seleucid-Arab word and it means…MARS !!!
Mars happens to be intertwined with Ancient Egypt in curious ways:
The planet was known as “Horus the Red” (Hor Dshr), and for a long time the Sphinx was painted red. They also called it “Horus of the Horizon” (Horakhti), which was the same name given to the Great Sphinx. Because of Mars’ apparent retrograde motion, Egyptians said that it “traveled backwards.” The Egyptian capital Cairo, situated adjacent to Giza, derives its name from Al Qahira (Arabic name for Cairo) denoting Mars. (More literally it means ‘the victorious’.)
RELATED POST: The Great Pyramid of Giza: The Mystery Solved